No
8%
Meh
7%

Total votes : 60

[2x14] Manhattan Discussion

Postby Grey » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:31 am

What'd you think of the episode?
Will you carry me down the aisle that final day with your tears and cold hands shaking from the weight?
When you lower me down beneath that sky of gray, let the rain fall down and wash away your pain.
Grey
OUATFS Janitor

Re: [2x14] Manhattan Discussion

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:12 am

Loved:
-Emma (Jennifer Morrison deserves an Emmy)
-Henry (The poor kid has Rumpelstiltskin as a grandfather! Worst family tree ever.)
-Snow + Charming's "Thanksgiving" talk.
-Milah. Sorry, but she's right. Rumpel was a COWARD.

Hated:
-Regina, Cora, and Hook
-Neal's identity
-The Seer (both in what she said and how she looked. Bride of Chuckie anyone?)
-The preview for next week! If ANY of them touch The Charming Family, I WILL stop watching the show.

Overall, I was very 'meh' about the episode. I don't like Rumpel flashbacks, and I don't like how he's connected to EVERYTHING.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
mysticalflute

Postby Heidirs » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:13 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Where to start?

Neal is Bae!!!! :D
I wasn't sure I would like this twist, but the actor/character really grew on me this episode.

All the feels! Emma, Rumple, Bae, Henry . . . so much family drama that needed to pan out and it was done and done beautifully!

Not sure about the fate/destiny thing that was introduced this episode. Where are they going to go with that?
Heidirs

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:17 am

BEST EPISODE OF OUAT EVER!!!!! I love how it got right to the point.

I Loved the shocking look on Emma and Neal's face
Neal is Bae. Bae is Neal
Henry is a little pissed of with Emma which i saw coming.
Henry is going to be bring Rumple down unknowingly.
Saw August again in the same flashback from episode 6.
Mihal was kinda dress like Belle a little.
I'm glad Neal wants to know his son
Shame on Regina. If u going to use magic shut the door.
Greg is full of trouble and more trouble looks like it's coming to Storybrooke soon.
The funnies moment on the show was when Snow and David was trying to figure out that confusing family tree and thanksgiving.
The typewriter being in the box with Neal's real name written. I didnt see that coming.

Questions i have is:
Who told August Neal is Baelfire?
Will Rumple kill his grandson?

The lesson learn from tonight's episode:
listen and ask questions.
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
The Wiz of Oz

Postby Jade » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:33 am

This was totally my favorite episode so far! Everything that happened between Emma and Neal and Henry (and even Rumple a bit) was- nope I can't even describe it. It's amazing.
Hook: "Thank you, my lady."
Jade

Postby *RegalDearie* » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:00 am

This is by far my favorite episode of season 2. It was wonderful. I loved the scenes between Rumpel and Baelfire, and I thought Robert Carlyle and MRJ did an amazing job with the material. I was also really impressed with Jennifer Morrison. She KILLED tonight.

The writers had a big load on their hands when it came to the whole “Nealfire” twist, but they handled it perfectly. I’m excited to see where all of this goes.
"You're a beautiful woman who loved an ugly man. Really, really loved me." - Mr. Gold
"How could I blame the one I love most? The only one to stand by me, to the end." - Regina
*RegalDearie*

Postby CTrent29 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:15 am

Neal/Bae is a douche. Like father like son.
CTrent29

Postby Arizona Rita » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:35 am

Rumple hobbled himself! Did not see that coming!
Very pleased with this episode.
IMO it was very good to see Jennifer really acting again. It had been a while.
RC and MJR will work well together. And the preview. Bae really does want his dad back.
Arizona Rita

Postby *RegalDearie* » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:45 am

CTrent29 wrote:Neal/Bae is a douche. Like father like son.

And to that I'll add, like mother like daughter. Cora and Regina really took the cake when it comes to terrible parent/child duos. Ugh, I'm praying to God that Regina is just playing Cora *crosses fingers*
"You're a beautiful woman who loved an ugly man. Really, really loved me." - Mr. Gold
"How could I blame the one I love most? The only one to stand by me, to the end." - Regina
*RegalDearie*

Postby Belleflower » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:46 am

RumpelGoldLady wrote:

And to that I'll add, like mother like daughter. Sorry, but Cora and Regina really took the cake when it comes to terrible parent/child duos.

No *beep*. :? I hope their plan goes down in flames.
♥ Team Dearie | Team Rumbelle | Team Beauty | Team Clan Charming | Team Snowing | Team Mad Hatter | Team Neal Cassady ♥
Belleflower

Postby The Wiz of Oz » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:47 am

he is nothing like rumple
The Great and Power Wiz of OZ
The Wiz of Oz

Postby RebeccaMatthews » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:06 am

Damn it and a bunch of other curse words. Why did it have to end with Rumpel at a crossroads with Henry? Can't kill the kid, but can't not hurt him either. Can't wait to see how Henry being Rumpel's undoing plays out.

Rumpel seems to be the one getting screwed over by other magical creatures by getting their "gifts". It is nice to see how he acquired the premonition power.

:lol: Snow brought up how Jerry Springer like their family is, especially now that Neal and Gold are Henry's bio dad and grandfather and in the picture.
Thinking of changing my banner and avatar again. Yeah, I've got a short attention span when it comes to these things.
RebeccaMatthews

Postby mysticalflute » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:08 am

RebeccaMatthews wrote:Damn it and a bunch of other curse words. Why did it have to end with Rumpel at a crossroads with Henry? Can't kill the kid, but can't not hurt him either. Can't wait to see how Henry being Rumpel's undoing plays out.

People on IMDb have been saying maybe they don't mean it in a 'Henry will kill Rumpel before Rumpel kills him' kind of thing, but as a 'Henry will be the tipping point Rumpel needs in order to stay on the good side or give up his powers' thing.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4386717/ - My fanfiction!
Intervention: AU - Emma and Snow in ACFTL.
Double Trouble: Rumbelle/Snowing double date!
Settling Down: AU - Emma and Neal.
The Truth: AU - Emma and Henry.
And more!
mysticalflute

Postby the-epic-prince » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:29 am

Over all the episode was meh.

Liked:
Snow and Charming talking about the family tree and Thanksgiving.
Rumple with baby Baelfire.

Disliked:
Neal/Bae, I just find really cheap and a convenient way for Rumple to side with the Charming's in a huge let's pick on Regina fest.
Cora and Regina turning on hook, will anything ever go right for that guy?
Emma not smashing Neal's face when she first saw him.
The fact Rumple can actually see into the future.
What's the difference between a northern fairy tale and a southern one?
Northern fairy tales, once upon a time.
Southern fairy tales, you ain't gonna believe this!
the-epic-prince

Postby Dark Romantic » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:45 am

LOVED THIS EPISODE!!! :D :D :D

Favorite Moments:
-Neal and Emma’s conversation in the bar.
-Mr. Gold and Neal’s confrontation.
-The big argument between Mr. Gold and Emma.
-Emma trying to comfort Henry after learning about Neal.
-Rumpel and baby Baelfire.
-Rumpel and Milha’s scene at the beginning of the episode. They seemed very happy together…in the beginning at least.
-Rumpel volunterring to go to war. It was nice to see that he wasn’t always a coward.
-Rumpel hobbling himself. Good lord was that painful to watch, but Robert Carlyle totally sold it.
-Snow and Charming’s reaction to learning about Neal.
-The seer. The prophecy about Henry has me intrigued.
-Hook got screwed over. AGAIN. :lol:

Least Favorite Moments:
-Cora and Regina’s plan to use the dagger to force Rumpel to kill the Charming family.
-Milha rejecting Rumpel after he came home from war.
-Regina knocking out Belle. Ugh, just leave my Belle alone. :(
BelleღRumpelstilskin
The Beauty and the Beast
"Love is the most powerful magic in the world."
"All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup."
Dark Romantic

Postby CTrent29 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:50 am

This wasn't the WOW episode I thought it was going to be. It's not bad. It's not even mediocre. But aside from the family arguments between Emma, Neal, Rumpel and Henry . . . the best parts of this episode were the flashbacks. But it was still a pretty good one. It just didn't knock my socks off like "Queen of Hearts" and "The Cricket Game".
CTrent29

Postby Ouroboros » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:01 am

Muddled.

Pros
    -Action Emma.
    -Everything to do with Henry, Neal, and Emma.
    -Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal, Cora! (Called it!)
    -Rum showed some of that Dark One creepiness when he was still human (his reactions toward the seer child).
    -Seer was eerie. Eyeballs in the palms are always nasty and cool.
    -Milah had a point (saying that Rum should have died was too harsh, but...)
    -Rum didn't do the brave thing. He really was a coward. (Should have at least waited to hobble yourself after a major battle or something, dude.)
    -Snow and David scene discussing their new terrible family addition, lol.
    -Henry. Very good this episode. But his scenes were also sad. ):
    -The revelation that you knocked boots with Gold's son: priceless. (Poor Emma.)
    -Neal not believing his father. (The only sane man!)
    -Greg is the sneakiest hospital patient alive.
    -Lol @ Regina knocking out Belle. That easy, huh?
    -Regina and Cora was interesting.
    -Rum with baby Baelfire was poignant.
    -Bad guy Gold returns.
    -Emma being appropriately angered at Neal.
    -Dream catcher! He kept it. D'aww.
    -Gold knows Henry is the kid from the prophecy.
    -Cora is going to straight up kill everyone. Wow.
Cons
    -Prophecies still remain a silly and lazy plot device no matter how 'ironic' they are.
    -Wth was with the acting in FTL?
    -Baelfire question answered in most obvious way. Meh. (Not saying it wasn't done in an okay way, just that it was :shrug2: )
    -Snow and David are doing an upstanding job of protecting Belle, the one thing that is between themselves and that death threat Rum delivered.
    -Why are Snow and David so unconcerned about that death threat still? For that matter, why is Emma so unconcerned? WHY? (This still annoys me.)
    -*sigh* Rum's daddy was evil too? Guess we're going to get an episode blaming his dad for everything bad in Rum's life now.
    -Playing Milah off as a terrible hag (or trying to) when she had a point.
    -The tone of Rum's story was all over the place. Is he supposed to be sympathetic? Evil? Both? I couldn't tell.
    -Parental issues. Again.
    -"Why did we meet?" "Lucky coincidence!" :roll: "Fate did it" is as bad as using prophecies.
    -Gold still trying to spin (lol) things in his favor.
    -Tangled family tree is more tangled. Soapy.
Questions
    -Wait, Rum had a coward for a father but was 'raised by spinners'? Does that make him adopted? (What is with this show and adoption...)
    -Does Rum actually see the future or did he just see part of it before the Seer died? Wasn't clear on that.
    -How is 'HER' not important when Greg sent her a video of magic? That act, at the very least, has to be vital to the plot in the future.
    -Why is Belle still in the hospital? Wasn't she healed?
    -August knew who Baelfire was... but how?
Observations
    -Regina seemed weirded out about using the dagger to control Rumpelstiltskin. (Wonder why?)
    -Cora takes to Earth fashions nicely.
    -Emma handled Gold's freak-out more graciously than I would have. That scarf would have been gone, baby. Yoink!
    -Wow, Regina and Cora look alike in many ways.
    -Neal is not going to take knowledge of his mother's death well. If he ever learns of it. (Doubt he'll hear it from old Pops though.)
Overall Thoughts

Goofy acting in FTL put me off this, along with the answer about Baelfire everyone saw coming (and I tried hard to ignore, lol.) Wasn't sure what tone they were going for either. Sympathetic toward Gold one scene, turning him into a villain the next. So I guess he's a villain again or something. The sympathy play turned out to make me dislike Gold more. The non-flashback parts of the episode were the best, but when combined with the wonky FTL scenes, it ended up messy. Could not take the FTL acting seriously for the most part. Parental issues were meh. (There are other things in the world.) The "it's all a coincidence because of Fate" thing was lame.

Neal, Emma, and Henry were good. Regina's "hi-bye" scenes were fun -- sets up the plot for following episodes nicely. Like Neal (although his "it's fate" explanation was unsatisfactory handwaving). Cora is a fantastic villain. Betraying Hook is going to not backfire on her at all...

Sounds like the downfall of Gold will be through Henry but because of Regina's love for her son (in other words, gaining the dagger). I still hold out hope for Regina playing her mother though. Or 'betraying' Cora. Because Cora's awful.

It was okay. Not great. Not horribly unwatchable (although some of the FTL scenes were a bit... melodramatic. In a bad way). Not repeat watching though.
Spoiler:
Also a fan of Grimm. Find me here under this profile:
grimmforum.com
Like fics? I've got some:
TheWormThatTurns @ fanfiction.net

Ouroboros

Postby TwinღFlames » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:06 am

SQUEEEEE!!! I loved this episode! I loved the way the show handled to the whole "Nealfire" twist. They could have easily ruined it, but they handled it quite well. I’m excited to see where Nealfire’s story goes. Especially after learning about Henry’s prophecy. However, I think it’s pretty safe to say that Rumpel will not kill Henry. It took him 300 years to create the world’s most powerful curse in order to find his son. There’s no way in hell he’d turn around and kill his own grandson. But Cora and Regina’s plan for the Charmings has me worried. I know it’ll probably fail (it would be killing off the majority of the main cast), but it’s still pretty disturbing.

Great episode! Can’t wait to see how the story progresses next week. :D
TwinღFlames

Postby *The Enchanted Rose* » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:20 am

Favorite Scenes:

-Rumpel’s conversation with the seer.

-Rumpel’s first scene with Milha.

-The chase scene with Neal and Emma. Emma was working those high heel boots.

-Snow and Charming’s attempt at breaking down their family tree lol!

-Most of Mr. Gold’s scenes in general, but to be more specific…

-Mr. Gold’s conversation with Bae. I loved that Neal didn’t give into Rumpel so easily.

-Neal and Emma’s conversation in the bar. They both got a lot off their chest.

-Bae bursting in to protect Emma.

Least Favorite Scenes:

-Ugh, Cora can you just die already? First, you come in and corrupt Regina. And now, you want to kill off the entire Charming family and you want to use my favorite character to do
it? May I repeat: Will you just die already?

-Milha’s treatment of Rumpel. I knew there was a twist to the whole “Rumpel is a coward” mythos. Rumpel left the war so that he could help Milha raise Baelfire. But of course (and not surprisingly) all she cares about is her reputation. She’d rather live without her husband and father of her child than to be shackled to a coward. Ugh…

-Um, Henry....comparing Emma to Regina was completely uncalled for. Sorry, but there’s a huge difference between Regina and Emma.

-Regina and Cora’s scenes at the beginning of the episode. At first, I thought they were sweet, but as the episode progressed, they became increasingly more disturbing. “It’s ok sweetie. Let’s kill everyone in town and make you the hero.” Good lord…
☠The Dark One: The Beast, a crocodile, the most powerful man in the world, master manipulater, trickster in disguise, desperate soul, broken-hearted father, admirer of a great beauty and a fan of true love ☠
*The Enchanted Rose*

Postby CTrent29 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:26 am

Milha’s treatment of Rumpel. I knew there was a twist to the whole “Rumpel is a coward” mythos. Rumpel left the war so that he could help Milha raise Baelfire. But of course (and not surprisingly) all she cares about is her reputation. She’d rather live without her husband and father of her child than to be shackled to a coward. Ugh…

Rumpel was being a coward as far as I'm concerned . . . plain and simple. He has no excuse. Oh wait. He's a fan favorite, he's a man in love with Belle and Milah isn't either of these. Those are his excuses.
CTrent29

Next

Return to Episode Discussion